The Student Advisory Council (SAC) is the main source of contact and feedback between students and the Dean of the College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. SAC is comprised of all the presidents of each of our College's student organizations.
The Student Advisory Council has three main purposes:
Through the Student Advisory Council, students can provide various thoughts, concerns, and other feedback to the Dean and others in the College administration. The Student Advisory Council works hard to make sure that all students have a voice.
The Student Advisory Council also provides a large amount of service to our College by providing support in the form of student volunteers for many of our recruiting and outreach events. This allows future students to actually see what they can do when they come to WVU.
This group also helps provide their own organizations with leadership, support, and funding. Student Advisory Council will help with all organizational conferences and outreach activities.
About the Student Advisory Council (SAC)
The Student Advisory Council is comprised of presidents and vice-presidents of WVU recognized student organizations that represent the WVU Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. This group meets monthly, in a leadership capacity, to discuss upcoming college-wide events, volunteer opportunities, new initiatives, and student organization policies/administration. Additionally this group is seen as the "voice of the College" by administration.
SAC representatives from each organization are encouraged to share information from these meetings with their respective organizations. If there are issues within the College they would like to see resolved, that can also be brought up at these meetings. Presidents and vice-presidents in attendance at meetings will each receive one volunteer hour for their organization. If the president or vice-president can't attend, please send another representative in their place (maximum of 2 representatives per group).
The meetings will be in person on Wednesday evenings at 5 p.m. in G83 ESB.
- Wednesday, August 31 at 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 21 at 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 12 at 5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 16 at 5:15 p.m.
Advisor for the Statler Advisory Council is Ryan Sigler
If you would like to present to the Student Advisory Council, please contact the office of outreach and recruitment.
Submit Officer Updates
- Each SAC organization must provide the Statler College with an up-to-date list of officers and contact information on an annual basis
- You must also submit this information to Student Organization Services for new or returning Student Organizations
- Submit an officer update to Student Organization Services
- If your president/vice president is not receiving a weekly email from Morgan Prunty, your officers are not updated at Student Organization Services
- All officers are required to maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA during their term.
Advisor ResponsibilitiesAdvisors are responsible for the leadership, mentorship, and oversight of the student organization. This includes the following:
- Participating in the planning and be in attendance of all major on-campus events
- Overseeing the planning and execution of student organization travel
- Ensuring the student organization is following all university and college policies
- Ensuring the student organization is in compliance with the national chapter when applicable
- Being aware of officer elections and membership
- Make sure the office of Outreach and Enrollment is aware of any activities involving youth that your organization is hosting or planning.
- Being a part of the fiduciary responsibilities of the student organization
- SAC proposal
- Corporate sponsorship
Forms and Resources from WVU Student Engagement and Leadership
- Statler student organizations are encouraged to work with the Outreach and Enrollment Management Office (G103 ESB), but can also work with WVU Student Engagement and Leadership.
- Helpful Forms and Resources from WVU Student Engagement and Leadership
If you have any questions you can email The Office of Outreach and Recruitment