The Statler Ambassador program has been successfully in place since 2012. It is currently comprised of up to 40 undergraduate and graduate students who represent each department within the Statler College. The Ambassadors' responsibilities include:
- Assisting with large College events in a leadership capacity
- Meeting with prospective students and their families (in person-and virtually)
- Allowing prospective students to shadow during classes
- Placing phone calls or writing emails to prospective students
- Representing the Statler College at regional college fairs
- Being a member of the Student Advisory Council
- Conducting outreach activity with local schools and organizations
- Joining initiative-specific subcommittees to help move the college forward
We are no longer accepting applications to join our 2022-2023 Statler Ambassador team. Applications for 2023-2024 will open during the Spring 2023 semester.
Statler Ambassadors Must:
- Earn a GPA of 2.0 or higher each semester while maintaining a 2.50 cumulative GPA;
- Must be a student in good standing;
- Adhere to the Student Code of Conduct: studentresponsibility.wvu.edu/policies-and-procedures;
- Maintain an engaged and positive role within the program and the College.
Current Ambassadors will be re-evaluated at the end of each term (or mid-semester, as needed).