What to Do Before Registration
- Meet with Your Assigned Advisor
- Advisors are listed in DegreeWorks
- Know Your Assigned Registration Time and review Registration FAQs
- Plan Your Schedule Utilizing Schedule Builder
- Check for (and resolve) any holds on your account
- Go to portal.wvu.edu and login
- Click STAR
- Click Student Services & Housing
- Click Student Records
- Click View Holds
Troubleshooting Errors on Registration Day
- Be sure to scroll down after registering for courses. If you have an error in registration, you’ll see them listed near the bottom of the page.
- Department Approval – This error means the section you are registering for is reserved for a specific cohort of student. The most common reasons this occurs:
- A non-Honors student is trying to add an Honors section (“H0#)
- PHYS majors only sections
- Emerging Scholars MATH sections (section 500)
- Level Restriction – This error means you are trying to add a section that is not on the Morgantown campus, but offered either on the Keyser or Beckley campus (sections “P0#” or “T0#”). You’ll need to select another section.
- Other common errors include:
- Link Error
- Pre-requisite and Test Score Error
- Field of Study
- Time Conflict
If you have trouble on the day of registration, stop by the Statler College Advising Center during regular operating hours (8:15a – 4:45p, Monday-Friday) for assistance.