Upcoming volunteer opportunities
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities for the fall. If you have an opportunity that you would like added, please let us know. If you have questions about the events, please ask Cate, Taylor or Ryan.
Email Cate Schlobohm to volunteer, unless otherwise noted.
- EngineerFEST: September 14-29-- Host a recruitment meeting for EngineerFEST
- Saturday, October 3- Fall Family Weekend Virtual Events-- If you have an engaging idea for a virtual event, please contact Cate, Ryan, or Taylor.
- Saturday, October 17- Virtual Discover WVU Day**
- Saturday, October 24- Statler College High School Visitation Day**
- Saturday, November 14- Virtual Discover WVU Day**
- Statler Career Closet Volunteering - Career Closet is closed for fall 2020.
Submit a volunteer opportunity for organizations
- SAC organizations may share volunteer opportunities with other SAC organizations here to receive SAC volunteer hours
- Every Tuesday, the Outreach and Enrollment Management Office (G103) will be emailing out upcoming volunteer opportunities. To have your event included, send an e-mail to Cate Schlobohm or Ryan Sigler using the following template at least a day before Tuesday:
- Event Name:
- Event Date & Time:
- Event Location:
- Organizer/Student Org:
- Event Description (concise):
- Actions needed by Student Orgs:
- SAC Hour Eligible: Filled by the office.
- If your student group organizes an event that is not open to other organizations, then you are limited to receiving 50 volunteer hours
- If you open the opportunity to other organizations, there is not a limit on how many hours your organization can log
- Any in person events MUST be approved by Student Engagement and Leadership.
How to submit volunteer hours
Statler College organized activity
- Make sure to sign in and out at the appropriate location
- If you sign in, but do not sign out, your time will be recorded as 1 hour
- If you sign in for multiple organizations, your time will be split equally between
the listed organizations
Non-College organized activity
- If your organization completed volunteer hours outside of the Statler College, please report completed volunteer hours to a SAC advisor.
- Please include:
- Volunteer(s) name
- What organization(s) hours are for (*If you log multiple organizations, your
hours will be split equally between them.)
- Number of hours worked (Time in; Time Out)
- If you have a hand-written sign in sheet, please type it before turning into Cate, Taylor and Ryan's office.
Rule 1.7 - Children on Campus
- Student volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU programs BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection (Previously BOG Policy 49)
- To request a link for training please
use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to Cate Schlobohm.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment
- All student volunteers will also be required to have a clean background check.
- This applies to in person and virtual events.