Upcoming volunteer opportunities
Email Cate Schlobohm to volunteer, unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 - Girl STEM Day 2020
- February 16-22, 2020 - Engineers Week
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Saturday, February 29th - 8th Grade Day
- Saturday, March 7, 2020 - High School Visitation Day
- Saturday, March 28, 2020 - Decide WVU Day NO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Decide WVU Day NO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - Discover E Night
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - Discover E Night
- Wednesday, September 4 - EngineerFEST
- Saturday, September 28- Fall Family Weekend Cookout 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. Volunteer at Fall Family Weekend
- Saturday, October 19- Discover WVU Day**-- Volunteer at Oct. 19 Discover WVU
- ~8:00AM-12:00PM - Volunteers are needed to help setup and do tours with families that are visiting the university. If you can't be there for the entire day, you can still sign up to help for part of the day
- Friday, October 25- Pumpkin Drop/STEM Zone-- Pumpkin Drop/STEM Zone Sign In
- Saturday, October 26- SWE Murder Mystery Lunch-- Volunteer at SWE Murder Mystery Lunch
- Tuesday, October 29-- Trunk or Treat-- Volunteer to host a spot at Trunk or Treat
- 4:00 p.m (set up); event 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Coliseum parking lot in conjunction with WVU Women's basketball Haunted Hoops. Groups are responsible for bringing their own candy.
- Saturday, November 2- Statler College High School Visitation Day**-- Volunteer at HSVD 11/2
- ~8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. - Volunteers are needed to help setup, run registration, serve lunch, and do tours with families that are visiting the university. If you can't be there for the entire day, you can still sign up to help for part of the day
- Saturday, November 16- Discover WVU Day**-- Volunteer at Nov. 16 Discover WVU
- ~8:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. - Volunteers are needed to help setup and do tours with families that are visiting the university. If you can't be there for the entire day, you can still sign up to help for part of the day
- Statler Career Closet Volunteering - will be only by appointment only so no staff this semester
- Bartlett House Volunteering - Sign up for Bartlett House
We will hold a series of volunteer trainings to train volunteers to help with open houses and how to give a tour of the Statler College. If you plan to volunteer at Decide/Discover WVU days or High School Visitation Day, we strongly recommend you attend a training. Pizza will be served at all sessions. You only need to attend one training session.
Training session dates include the following and will be held in G19 ESB
- Wednesday, March 4th, 12 PM – 1 PM
- Thursday, March 5th, 12 PM – 1 PM
Visit Your High School Trainings
We will hold a series of volunteer trainings to help you have all the most up-to-date information when returning to your high schools. We will also make sure you have our recruitment material when you go.
- Tuesday, November 19, 11:30-12:30 p.m.; G19 ESB
- Wednesday, November 20, 11:00-12:00 p.m.; G19 ESB
To sign up for a training session, please do so at this link: Volunteer Training Registration Link
Submit a volunteer opportunity for organizations
- SAC organizations may share volunteer opportunities with other SAC organizations here to receive SAC volunteer hours
- Every Tuesday, the Outreach and Enrollment Management Office (G103) will be emailing out upcoming volunteer opportunities. To have your event included, send an e-mail to Cate Schlobohm or Ryan Sigler using the following template at least a day before Tuesday:
- Event Name:
- Event Date & Time:
- Event Location:
- Organizer/Student Org:
- Event Description (concise):
- Actions needed by Student Orgs:
- SAC Hour Eligible: Filled by the office.
- If your student group organizes an event that is not open to other organizations, then you are limited to receiving 50 volunteer hours
- If you open the opportunity to other organizations, there is not a limit on how many hours your organization can log
How to submit volunteer hours
Statler College organized activity
- Make sure to sign in and out at the appropriate location
- If you sign in, but do not sign out, your time will be recorded as 1 hour
- If you sign in for multiple organizations, your time will be split equally between
the listed organizations
Non-College organized activity
- If your organization completed volunteer hours outside of the Statler College, please report completed volunteer hours to a SAC advisor.
- Please include:
- Volunteer(s) name
- What organization(s) hours are for (*If you log multiple organizations, your
hours will be split equally between them.)
- Number of hours worked (Time in; Time Out)
- If you have a hand-written sign in sheet, please type it before turning into Cate and Ryan's office.
Rule 1.7 - Children on Campus
- Student volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU programs BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection (Previously BOG Policy 49)
- To request a link for training please
use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to Cate Schlobohm.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment