Automotive Engineering - Hybrid Vehicles - EcoCAR
The EcoCAR Challenge is a three-year competition that builds on the 19-year history of Department Of Energy (DOE) advanced vehicle technology competitions by giving engineering students the chance to design and build advanced vehicles that demonstrate leading-edge automotive technologies, with the goal of minimizing the environmental impact of personal transportation and illustrating pathways to a sustainable transportation future. Students have a dedicated automotive shop located in G15-ESB.
Major equipment includes:
- Clayton Chassis Dynamometer, 300 hp 8 Inch Rollers
- ALM Vehicle Lift, Model# 7002A
- Two PML Flightlink Motors, Experimental Hybrid electric motors, 20 hp each
- Maximat Standard Lathe/Mill, 8 Inch Capacity
- Hobart Handler 175 Mig Welder
Wayne, Scott W.