The PLTW-West Virginia State Conference is held each fall in varying locations around the state. This conference allows participants the opportunity to network with fellow PLTW teachers, counselors and administrators, share best practices for in the classroom, meet current students through a project expo, and much more!
The 2017 State Conference will be held on the Morgantown campus of WVU!
When & Where
Date: Monday November 13, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Venue: WVU MountainLair Ballrooms
1550 University Ave, Morgantown, WV 26506
Cost of Attendance
- On or before October 13th: $30
- After October 13th: $45
- Teachers, administrators, counselors, and other PLTW personnel
- On or before October 13th: $50
- After October 13th: $75
**If your county does not have a PLTW program and you are interested in attending this year’s conference to learn more please contact Ali Anderson to inquire about a FREE registration! **
Registration will close on October 30th.
After registering, attendees will receive an invoice via email. Please ensure registration is paid by November 1st. If extended time is needed for payment please contact Ali Anderson at Ali.Anderson@mail.wvu.edu
Please register for this year’s conference by following this link:
After registering you will receive an invoice. Please send payment to:
West Virginia University
College of Engineering and Mineral Resources
P.O. Box 6101
Morgantown, WV 26506-6101
Attn: Ali Anderson, PLTW
- 8:00-9:00 AM
- Registration and Breakfast - Ballroom
- 9:00-9:30 AM
- Welcome & Introductions - Ballroom
- 9:40-10:20 AM
- PLTW - The First Years - Laurel
- Core Training 2018 - Ballroom
- Student Session - Rhododendron
- 10:30-11:20 AM
- Working with Special Needs kids in your PLTW Classroom - Monongahela
- Biomedical Program at Wayne County - Laurel
- College Credit for High School Students - Ballroom
- Student Tour - WVU Campuses
- 11:20-12:00 PM
- (Session not finalized) - Monongahela
- PLTW and Simulated Workplace -
- Networking and Brainstorming Session - Ballroom
- 12:00-1:00 PM
- Networking Lunch - Ballroom
- 1:00-1:30 PM
- PLTW Student Expo - Rhododendron
- 1:40-2:20 PM
- VEX - Monongahela
- TSA - Laurel
- Master Teacher Application Process - Ballroom
- 2:30-3:00 PM
- PLTW Student Panel - Ballroom
- 3:00-3:30 PM Additional Student Opportunities Awards, Survey, Closing Remarks - Ballroom
Call for Participation
Interested in presenting at this year’s conference? The call for participation is now open!
Attendees may submit an unlimited number of submissions. Must be available to present at the PLTW State Conference on Monday, November 13, 2017 in Morgantown, WV. Registration will be discounted for speakers, but you will need to provide your own transportation and other accommodations.
Each submission will be graded on the following 3 areas:
- Description: Is the description of the session adequate, focused, interesting and/or compelling?
- Objectives: Are the presentation objectives clearly stated, appropriate to audience and achievable with instruction?
- Speaker Qualifications: Is the speaker qualified to speak on the topic? Qualifications can include, but not limited to professional/educational experience, education/training/knowledge, professional certification(s), teaching experience, and/or speaking experience.
All questions are set to a 1-5 likert scale with the following scale:
Access the submission form here:
Is there a topic you would like to learn more about at the conference? Submit your
ideas for a session or workshop here:
Do you know of an outstanding teacher or administer working to support and grow PLTW in West Virginia? We encourage you to nominate him/her for the Teacher of the Year and Administrator of the Year awards!