Girls' STEM Day
Virtual Girls' STEM Week
April 19-24, 2021
About the Week
WVU's student chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will host a virtual event open to girls across the country! We would love to have participants from as many states as possible!
Starting on Monday, April 19, 2021, kindergarten through fifth grade students will have the opportunity to virtually participate in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) related activities guided by WVU SWE. The theme is "Girls Can Bee the Leaders," and activities will focus around Earth Day and how engineers can make the world a better place.
Registration is free this year! We will still require that participants register for the event, and prior to the kickoff, a list of necessary household materials will be provided for each project. Registration will be open starting Monday, March 1, 2021 through the day of the event.
Schedule of Events
- Monday, April 19-- Parent Program*
- Tuesday-Friday-- Share your designs on Instagram with SWE
- Saturday, April 24-- End of Week Virtual Celebration*
*Times will be posted soon
Meet the Girls' STEM Week Committee and learn why they chose to pursue an engineering education
What you'll need:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering: Egg Drop
Biomedical and Chemical Engineering: Allergy Medicine Delivery
Industrial Engineering and Civil Engineering: Marshmallow Peep Houses
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering: Flower Circuits
Share Your Designs!
Wednesday, April 21 - Biomedical and Chemical Engineering: Allergy Medicine Delivery
Thursday, April 22 -- Industrial Engineering and Civil Engineering: Marshmallow Peep Houses
Friday, April 23-- Computer Science and Electrical Engineering: Flower Circuits
Saturday, April 24-- End of the Week Virtual Celebration
- All volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU programs BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection (Previously BOG Policy 49)
- Title IX Training is required for all volunteers.
- Background checks are required for all volunteers.
- To request a link for training please
use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to Cate Schlobohm.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment
If you have any questions about Girls' STEM Week, please email our WVU GSD Committee.