- Mandatory Training will be held 2 days: May 21-22
- June 17-22
- June 24-29
- July 8-13
- July 15-20
- July 23-27
- July 30-Aug 3
- Each Counselor will work a minimum of 3 weeks.
Staffing Needs:Each week, the Engineering Challenge Camps will be staffed by 1 lead counselor and 2-3 counselors during the day. During the night there will be 1 lead counselor and 2 counselors.
Priority will be given to those who can work multiple weeks, and preference will be given to those who can work all weeks. If you can only work selected week, please indicated on your application which weeks you would be available, as we may be able to work around your schedule.
Counselors:Pay: $500 per week
Day Shift Counselor (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)- The day shift counselors' main duty is being an educational role model. They are in charge of helping campers with education activities planned throughout the day, creating enthusiasm among campers and keeping an upbeat, positive attitude throughout. Counselors will also assist in curriculum development prior to camp. (Hours can vary slightly throughout the week.) Housing will not be provided for day counselors.
Night Shift Counselor (4:30 p.m.- 9:00 a.m.)- The night counselor is primarily in charge of overseeing and participating in recreational activities. They are in charge of student supervision overnight. Night counselors should be role models who are able to keep close track of campers during free time and evening activities. Night shift counselors are expected to stay on campus in the dorms during the duration of camp.
- Counselors must have a current driver's license.
- Counselors must be able to attend the mandatory training on May 21-22.
- Counselors must complete Policy 49 (Youth on Campus Training) prior to start of camp.
- Counselors must complete a CPR and first aid training. (Fees will be covered by camp.)
- Counselors are responsible for their own housing. (Exception for overnight counselors.)
- Counselors must be a current student within the Statler College of Engineering
and Mineral Resources.
All applications are due by 3 p.m. on Friday, March 30, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed starting April 1, and you will be notified whether or not you will be asked to interview for the position.