8th Grade Day
Saturday, February 29, 2019
8th Grade Day is a returning annual event hosted by WVU's Society of Women Engineers to allow 8th grade girls and boys to gain hands-on experience with engineering and computer science projects in collaboration with Statler College students. Activities at this event will include using facial recognition software, navigating robots and a guest speaker talking about career opportunities!
This is a free event, and there will be lunch provided during the event.
This is a free event. There will be free food will be provided during the event.
If you have any questions, you can call us at (304) 293-0399 or email email@example.com.
The day will begin and end in the Engineering Sciences Building.
- Detailed directions to the Engineering Sciences Building can be found here.
- GPS Directions use: 1306 Evansdale Drive, Morgantown, WV (If these directions do not bring you all the way to ESB, defer to the detailed directions at the link above.)
- Participants can park in parking lot 40 or 44 without a permit on the day of the event.
- Student volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU programs BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection (Previously BOG Policy 49)
- To request a link for training please use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to Cate Schlobohm.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment
- On the day of the event, volunteers should arrive between 8:00 to 9 a.m. and report to the ELC.