8th Grade Day
Saturday, February 29, 2020
8th Grade Day is a returning annual event hosted by WVU's Society of Women Engineers to allow 8th grade girls and boys to gain hands-on experience with engineering and computer science projects in collaboration with Statler College students. Activities at this event will include coding in Python, water purification activity, and an engineering design challenge. The event will run from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This is a free event, and there will be lunch provided during the event.
This is a free event. There will be free food provided during the event including donuts and fruit for breakfast and pizza and cookies for lunch.
Registration is now open!
If you have any questions, you can call us at (304) 293-0399 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The day will begin and end in the Engineering Sciences Building.
- Detailed directions to the Engineering Sciences Building can be found here.
- GPS Directions use: 1306 Evansdale Drive, Morgantown, WV (If these directions do not bring you all the way to ESB, defer to the detailed directions at the link above.)
- Participants can park in parking lot 40 or 44 without a permit on the day of the event.
- Student volunteers must review and complete a training about WVU's policy regarding children on campus in WVU programs BOG Governance Rule 1.7 – Rule on Child Protection (Previously BOG Policy 49)
- To request a link for training please
use this sheet to request module activation.
- Please email your certificate of completion to Cate Schlobohm.
- A list of Statler faculty, staff, and students who have a Rule 1.7 completion certificate on file with the Office of Outreach and Recruitment
- On the day of the event, volunteers should arrive between 8:00 to 9 a.m. and report to the ELC.