- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois — Chicago, 2013
- M.Sc., Electronics and Communications Engineering, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, 2006
- B.Sc., Electronics and Communications Engineering, Arab Academy for Science and Technology, 2004
- Mohammad, Umair, Sameh Sorour, and Mohamed Hefeida. "Task Allocation for Mobile Federated and Offloaded Learning with Energy and Delay Constraints." In 2020 IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC Workshops), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2020.
- Madkour, Fatma Elzahraa, Umair Mohammad, Sameh Sorour, Mohamed Hefeida, and Ahmed Abdel-Rahim. "Vendor-Independent Reliability Testing Model for Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Communications." Transportation Research Record (2020): 0361198120932910.
- Aledhari, Mohammed, Shelby Joji, Mohamed Hefeida, and Fahad Saeed. "Optimized CNN-based Diagnosis System to Detect the Pneumonia from Chest Radiographs." In 2019 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), pp. 2405-2412. IEEE, 2019.
- Belkhouja, Taha, Sameh Sorour, and Mohamed S. Hefeida. "Role-Based Hierarchical Medical Data Encryption for Implantable Medical Devices." In 2019 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2019.
- Watanabe, Rafael Akio Alves, Sameh Sorour, Mohamed Hefeida, and Ahmed Abdel-Rahim. "Towards Real-Time Traffic Monitoring using Airborne LiDAR." In 2019 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2019.
- Digital Design - Computer Architecture - Computer Networks - Electrical Circuits - Communication Systems
- Advanced Communication Systems
- Cross-Layer Design and Optimizations
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber-Physical and Autonomous Systems