- Ph.D. in Mining Engineering, West Virginia University, 2017
- M.S. in Mining Engineering, University of Kentucky, 2014
- B.S. in Mining Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2011
Dr. Hassan Amini is an Assistant Professor in the Mining Engineering Department at West Virginia University. Prior to his current position, he served as a Research Scientist at the Virginia Tech Mining and Minerals Engineering Department. He earned his Ph.D., M.Sc., and B.Sc. in Mining Engineering from West Virginia University, University of Kentucky, and the Amirkabir University of Technology, respectively. His expertise lies in the general areas of mineral processing and mining engineering including, flotation, physical separations, separation circuit design, and process modeling, simulation, and optimization. As an instructor and co-instructor at three different institutes, Amini has been involved in developing lectures and teaching several courses within the mineral processing and mining fields. Dr. Amini is the recipient of the 2018-2019 SME Rong Yu Wan Ph.D. Dissertation Award in Metallurgical Engineering. He is an active member of the society of mining, metallurgy, and exploration (SME) and the society of mining professors (SOMP).
- Amini, S. Hassan and Aaron Noble. (2017). “Predicting and interpreting uncertainty propagation in separation circuits using functional unit evaluation.” Minerals Engineering, 142, 105886.
- Amini, S. Hassan, Christopher Vass, Mehrdad Shahabi, and Aaron Noble. (2019). “Optimization of coal blending operations under uncertainty–robust optimization approach.” International Journal of Coal Preparation and Utilization, 1-21.
- Noble, Aaron, Gerald H. Luttrell, and S. Hassan Amini. (2019). “Linear Circuit Analysis: a Tool for Addressing Challenges and Identifying Opportunities in Process Circuit Design .” Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration, 36 (1): 159-171.
- Amini, S. Hassan and Aaron Noble. (2017). “Application of linear circuit analysis in the evaluation of mineral processing circuit design under uncertainty.” Minerals Engineering, 102, 18-29.
- Amini, S. Hassan, Rick Honaker, and Aaron Noble. (2016). “ Performance evaluation of a dense medium cyclone using alternative silica-based media .” Powder Technology, 297, 392-400.
- Aggregates Production
- Mine Power Systems
- Process Circuit Design and Simulation
- Process Modeling and Optimization
- Environmental Management Strategies
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME)
- Society of Mining Professors (SOMP)