Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Lehigh University, 2006
M.S. Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, 2000
B.S. Chemistry, Lanzhou University, 1993
Research InterestsResearch interests:
- Catalytic convert Shale gas conversion to olefins, such as ethylene, propylene.
- Synthesis gas (H2/CO) production through chemical looping of shale gas (methane) or coal.
- Catalytic or chemical looping combustion of shale gas/coal to decrease CO2 emission
- CO2 capture and sequestration, pre-combustion or post-combustion
Special InterestsResearch skills:
- Novel catalytic material synthesis, performance evaluation and production scale-up
- In-situ FTIR/Raman system for catalytic characterization, aiming the establishment of surface active structure with reaction performance.
- High-speed Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) for combustion kinetics, surface carbon deposition and catalytic degradation
- SEM/XPS for surface morphology and composition analysis, XRD for bulk phase characterization.