Siriwardane, Hema J.
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech
- M.S., Asian Institute of Technology
- B.Sc. Engineering, University of Ceylon
During the last 20 years, the major thrust of Prof. Siriwardane's research work has been in geotechnical engineering. He has experience in both computer modeling and laboratory research work. Professor Siriwardane has served in a number of national and international committees dealing with geomechanics. He is the co-author of the book entitled Constitutive Laws for Engineering Materials, with Special Reference to Geologic Media, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood, New Jersey published in 1984. Professor Siriwardane served as the Chairman for the Eighth International Conference on Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics, which was held in the USA in 1994.
- Environmental Technologies
- Geotechnical Engineering and Geomechanics
- Finite Element Methods in Geomechanics
- Computer Applications
- Flow Through Porous Media
- Stress-Strain-Strength Behavior of geomaterials
- Geoenvironmental Engineering
Baker Hughes’ MFrac Suite used in research work on hydraulic fracture propagation
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Finite Element Method