The Statler College Career Closet, located in G54 Engineering Sciences Building, was established by the WVU chapters of Sigma Phi Delta, Alpha Omega Epsilon and the WVU Society of Women Engineers section. It allows students to obtain business attire from clothing donated by WVU faculty, staff, alumni, students and friends.
For information on upcoming career events at WVU, visit: http://careerservices.wvu.edu/events
For tips on how to dress for success: http://careerservices.wvu.edu/students/dress-to-impress
- Open to Statler College students
- Clothing is free to Statler College students
- Depending on inventory, students may take up to four individual items (i.e, two ties, two shirts; a skirt, a blazer, a blouse and a pair of pants) or one suit during a semester.
Career Closet Hours
- M: 2-4:45 p.m.
- T: 12-3 p.m.
- Th: 12-1:50 p.m.
Thank you for your support of Statler College students and helping us guide them from college to career. The Career Closet provides clothing to students in need of business attire for career fairs, internships, interviews and capstone presentations.The Statler College Career Closet accepts:
- New or gently used business attire for men and women in all sizes:
- Men’s and women’s suit jackets
- Blouses and shirts
- Men’s and women’s dress pants
- Belts, ties, accessories
- Gently worn shoes
- Clothes should be cleaned appropriately and on hangers
- Clothes should be in good to excellent quality and purchased with the past five years/current with fashion
Donations are tax deductible. For assistance on how to value your donation, visit:
For more information on the Career Closet, contact
Paige Nesbit at 304-293-4135.
Members of the Mountaineer Athletic Club can also receive credit for their donations
to the Statler College Career Closet. Financial contributions are accepted as well.
For more information, contact
Heather Cross, associate director of development.
Statler College student organizations can earn Student Activity Credit for their
- Donate four shirts or blouses and earn one SAC hour.
- Donate a pair of men’s or ladies pants and earn 0.5 SAC hours.
- While donations of accessories (i.e., belts, ties, shoes and purses) are accepted, they will not earn SAC hours.
- Student organizations are limited to 50 hours per year earned by donating clothing items to the Career Closet.
Active Statler College student organizations can Sign up to volunteer in the Career Closet