Glen H. Hiner Dean Search
West Virginia University (WVU) invites nominations and applications for an innovative
and charismatic leader as we search for the Glen H. Hiner Dean of the Benjamin
M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. As a land-grant institution
with very high research activity as designated by the Indiana University Center
for Postsecondary Research’s Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher
Education, we are seeking an innovator in engineering education committed to supporting
the conversion of discoveries and inventions into practical technologies, products,
and services at local, national, and global levels. We are searching for a leader
who is committed to advancing diversity and enhancing student experience.
As the University embarks upon the process of selecting the next Dean, this site will provide timely updates and relevant information about the process. A selection of trustees, faculty, staff and alumni have been appointed to the Search Committee to help guide the process, and the national firm Greenwood / Asher & Associates, Inc. has been retained as a Deanship Transition partner to assist both the Search Committee and the Board of Trustees moving forward.
West Virginia University is committed to ensuring a highly collaborative process that is informed with input from faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community at large.
If you have questions or comments about the search, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you have any questions about the search process please contact Paul Kreider, Vice Provost and Chair of the Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search announced
- Search Committee named and charged
- Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. (G/A&A) selected to support the Search Committee
- Search Start-up Meeting - Search Committee and G/A&A meet to discuss search process and profile
- Feedback incorporated into position description
- Position advertisement and job description drafted and distributed
- Requests for nominations and recommendations
- Nominees and prospects are contacted
- Applications received and reviewed
- Prospect Review Meeting held - Search Committee discusses all candidates and selects leading candidates
- Round-One Interviews - Search Committee interviews leading candidates
- Reference and background checks
- Search Committee recommends and selects candidates for additional interviews
- Campus interviews
- Selection and signing of contract
- Transition considerations
- Announce search completion and introduce hired candidate