Advanced Engineering Research Building
When the College of Engineering was first founded at West Virginia University in 1887, it was a hodgepodge of departments lacking a unifying location. Its first dedicated building, Machinery Hall, came online six years later in 1892 and was quickly outgrown.
After many fits and starts, which included two fires, what is now known as the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources moved to its current home on WVU's Evansdale Campus. The campus is home to the Engineering Sciences Building, the Mineral Resources Building, and the Engineering Research Building.
The expansion continues with the $43-million Advanced Engineering Research Building. Completed in 2015, the facility provides new research laboratories, a second clean room and state-of-the-art laboratories to meet the needs of high-technology learning and discovery.
Designed by Burt Hill/Stantec and constructed by Massaro Corporation, AERB features 63,000 square feet of flexible and environmentally safe laboratory and research space to the Statler College, as well as an 8,000 square foot clean room to meet the needs of high-technology learning and discovery in the new millennium. Offices, classrooms, a learning center and space for graduate students occupies 29,000 square feet of the building.
More information on the Evansdale Redevelopment Plan can be found online in the following locations:
New Buildings to Transform WVU's Evansdale Campus:
New Engineering Building Will Provide Opportunities for Education and Discovery:
Evansdale Redevelopment Plan:
Redevelopment Plan PDF
WVU formally dedicates new Advanced Engineering Research Building
Great ideas can become reality with your support. A number of naming opportunities exist within the Advanced Engineering Research Building. The following brochure highlights a number of giving opportunities. For more information, contact Heather Cross, associate director of development, at 304-293-4156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.