The Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources recognizes the importance of building a strong relationship with both students and their parents. We want to make sure you are equipped with the necessary tools to be informed of the University and College events, academics, and procedures. One of our methods of communication is our email to the parents. It is a weekly reference of the academics, experiences, and events your student is going through here at the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources. Below we have archived parent emails for reference.
The WVU Mountaineer Parents Club
The Mountaineer Parents Club was created in 1995 as one of five student-life initiatives of former WVU President David C Hardesty Jr.
The organization, which has more than 20,000 members, was established to foster success by connecting parents and family members with the WVU student experience. The Mountaineer Parents Club sponsors many events throughout the year, including Fall Family Weekend.
Membership is free to parents of current, past, and future WVU students.
A toll-free helpline 1.800.WVU.0096 provides direct and immediate help for parents who have questions or concerns.
Parents have been urged to share their compliments, suggestions for improvements, or concerns by calling the helpline. Parents may call from anywhere in the US, and a parent advocate will research each question, concern, or comment. If a message is left, a response will be given in one business day, if at all possible.
Newsletter and Parent Electronic News
Other methods of communication are the Mountaineer Parents Newsletter, published three times a year, and a Facebook page called WVU Mountaineer Parents Club. To go along with that, there is Parent Electronic News, a free service provided to all members. Parents receive e-mail updates about current and upcoming events on campus.
Archived Parent Emails
Each week, a member of our faculty communicates via email to the parents of freshmen. While his comments reflect his perspective only and are unofficial, they can serve as a reference of the academics, experiences, and events your student maybe going through here at the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources.
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference