At the WVU Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, academics are our main priority. As a student you have access to many resources that will help you succeed during your time as an engineering student and beyond.
You have access to several different libraries, which are conveniently located across the campuses for easy access. You will also have access to free tutoring, which includes a math learning center, a chemistry learning center, a writing clinic, and our own engineering learning center. The Eugene V. Cilento Learning Center is staffed with current engineering students who have excelled in the classes you will be taking, and are hired to help you. As a WVU student, you also have access to Student Support Services.
As a student you can easily access information about events going on at WVU through the WVU Calendar. You can view the selection of courses you have available to you on our courses web site. If you are thinking about taking a course during the summer semester at a college close to home, you can see what courses will transfer using the transfer equivalency system.
WVU's Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources is ABET accredited and nationally ranked, making us a good choice for your engineering education!
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference