Biometrics & Identification Innovation Center
Biometrics refers to technologies that measure and analyze human body characteristics, including face, fingerprints and irises, to identify people.
Who We Are
Biometrics & Identification Innovation Center (BIIC)
is a multidisciplinary group of researchers who are experts in signal &
image processing, computer vision, biometrics, data analysis, machine learning
and statistical learning theory.
What We Do
Biometrics & Identification Innovation Center deals with all aspect of imaging, signal & image processing for industrial, commercial and Military applications will also deal with understanding information and retrieval: Imaging techniques such as synthetic aperture radar, acoustics imaging, imaging in different wavelengths will be included.
Biometrics using all kind of modalities with commercial and DoD applications will be considered. Surveillance from fixed and moving platforms with intelligent interactions between smart sensors will be investigated. Signal & image processing techniques will be applied to different disciplines such engineering, non-destructive testing, medical, neuroscience, geosciences and etc..
Data and video analytics and their applications will be investigated. Smart cameras with image understanding and machine learning capabilities will be investigated. Intelligent video systems and their applications. Conduct research into applications of imaging to biomedical science.
Working in partnership with our government and industry stakeholders to advance the state of the art in human identification capabilities through basic research. Our portfolio of activities achieve this mission through cross-cutting research of emerging enabling technologies, interdisciplinary training of scientists and engineers, and facilitation of technology transfer to the private and government sectors. BIIC deals with all aspect of biometrics using all kind of modalities with commercial and DoD applications is investigated.
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference