Guffey, He receive top honors from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
Two professors from the Department of Industrial and Management Systems Engineering at West Virginia University were honored during the 2017 American Industrial Hygiene Association Conference and Exposition, held on June 4-7, in Seattle, Washington.
Professor Steven Guffey was named a 2017 AIHA Fellow. Fellows are outstanding members of AIHA who are recognized for their achievements and contributions to the field of industrial hygiene.
Guffey, a member of AIHA for 43 years, was cited for his contributions to research and publications related to ventilation design, noise control and worker exposure assessments.
“I am surprised, honored and grateful to serve as an AIHA Fellow,” said Guffey.
Guffey received his doctorate in industrial hygiene from the University of North Carolina in 1987 and has been a faculty member at WVU since 2001.
Assistant Professor Xinjian (Kevin) He was a recipient of the 2017 John White Award for the Best Respiratory Protection Study Paper. He, a member of AIHA member for eight years and a three-time recipient of the John White Award, served as a coauthor for the paper entitled, “Temporal Changes in Filtering Face Piece Respirator Fit.”
“I am very excited to receive an award that was created to recognize those individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the science of respiratory protection,” said He, who received his doctorate in environmental and occupational hygiene from the University of Cincinnati in 2013. He has been a faculty member at WVU since 2014.
AIHA is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide information and resources to industrial hygienists and occupational health professionals in order to protect the health of employees in the work place.
For more information on news and events in the West Virginia University Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources:
College Relations office: 304-293-4086
Office of the Dean: 304-293-4157
Other College administrative and department offices: Administration
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference