Orders to be inducted into West Virginia Business Hall of Fame
Robert O. Orders, CEO of Orders Construction Company, Inc., is one of three people selected to be inducted into the West Virginia Business Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame will partner
with the West Virginia Chamber to honor the inductees at a ceremony and
reception on the evening of August 29 at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur
Orders graduated from WVU in 1972 with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and went on to become a registered professional engineer in West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland. As CEO, he helped to grow Orders Construction Company from a small West Virginia bridge construction firm into a regional provider of a wide range of construction services. Orders previously served as president of the Contractors Association of West Virginia and as a trustee for the Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Currently, he serves on the advisory board of BB&T in Charleston, and as a trustee of The Nature Conservancy of West Virginia. He is a member of the board of directors of the WVU Foundation and the board of directors of The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation, and is a trustee at First Presbyterian Church of Charleston.
The West Virginia University College of Business and Economics launched the Business Hall of Fame in 2001 to
recognize business leaders who have strong ties to West Virginia and have made
a significant impact across the business landscape of their local communities, the
state, the nation and around the globe. To date, 62 individuals from a variety
of business sectors and from various parts of the country and world have
received the award.
Other inductees for 2017 include Charles T. Jones, president and CEO of Amherst Industries, Charleston, and Stephen Walker, former president and CEO of Walker Machinery Company, Boca Grande, Florida.
For more information on news and events in the West Virginia University Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources:
College Relations office: 304-293-4086
Office of the Dean: 304-293-4157
Other College administrative and department offices: Administration
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference