Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
For the second straight year, the staff in the Statler College’s Office of Marketing and Communications has been recognized for their work in the 32nd Annual Educational Advertising Awards, sponsored by Higher Education Marketing Report.
The College's holiday card, which features Cataglyphis, the robot that won the Sample Return Robot Challenge, won a gold award in the "Publication/Other" category. The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering's Annual Report won a bronze medal in the "Annual Report" category. Merit awards went to the fall 2016 issue of EWV Magazine and the College's admissions travel piece.
The Educational Advertising Awards is the largest educational advertising awards competition in the country. This year, more than 2,200 entries were received from 1,000-plus colleges, universities and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries. Gold awards were granted to 319 institutions, silver awards were awarded to 224 and bronze awards were awarded to 155 institutions.
For more information on news and events in the West Virginia University Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources:
College Relations office: 304-293-4086
Office of the Dean: 304-293-4157
Other College administrative and department offices: Administration
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference