Civil engineering student awarded scholarships
West Virginia Department of Transportation Secretary and Commissioner of Highways Paul Mattox (left) presents ASHE scholarship to David Donaldson.
A West Virginia University engineering student was recently awarded scholarships by two state engineering associations.
David Donaldson, a junior civil engineering major received a
$1,000 scholarship from the West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers and
a $2,000 scholarship from the North Central West Virginia Chapter of the
American Society of Highway Engineers.
In March, Donaldson was selected into the 2016-17 Laurel Chapter of the Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society. He was one of 65 WVU students selected to the senior honorary for exemplifying excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership and community service.
Donaldson is the treasurer of the WVU’s Engineers without Borders and organizes community service projects for the West Virginia Botanic Garden and Decker's Creek Cleanup. He is an undergraduate transportation research assistant in the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources and will work at Atkins Engineering in Austin, Texas, this summer.
For more information on news and events in the West Virginia University Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources:
College Relations office: 304-293-4086
Office of the Dean: 304-293-4157
Other College administrative and department offices: Administration
- Jul31 All Day Engineering Challenge Camp (Elementary School) - Engineering Your Dream Job
- Jul311:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Abiodun Olorunfemi
- Aug11:00 PM - 2:00 PMMS Thesis Defense: Xiujuan Chen
- Aug43:30 PM - 5:30 PMPhD Final Defense: Antoine Bedard
- Aug99:00 AM - 10:00 AMMS Thesis Defense: Yujia Lian
- Sep1410:00 AM - 3:00 PMStatler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources Career Fair
News in Brief
- Sapp wins scholarship from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Mechanical and aerospace engineering students receive awards from West Virginia Academy of Science
- Givens wins scholarship from the American Society of Highway Engineers
- Statler College wins four Educational Advertising Awards
- WVU alum wins prestigious international dissertation award
- Mining graduate wins scholarship
- Lane Department graduate student presents poster at AACR Conference